ABOUT ME

Hello and welcome to my blog.

My name is Reham, I'm 20 years old and I am currently a student studying BA Business and Marketing. I have always loved being creative and drawing in my spare time however, I have never studied art before therefore, I consider myself to be a beginner. 
I started drawing when I was around 12 years old as a way to pass time, but I found myself drawing less and less as the years went by because I felt like I didn't know what to draw and I wasn't improving much. Here is an example of what I used to draw when I was 12 years old. 

                                

When I was 15, I started to try and draw portraits of people, however I found this very challenging at first as I struggled with getting the proportions correct and I only used 1 pencil to draw and shade the whole drawing, so there was not a lot of detailing or shading. This was because I had no knowledge of the different pencils and tools to use back then. Here are examples of portrait drawings which I drew when I was 15 years old. 

  By Reham

By Reham


As you can see, these portraits are not that great, but it is a slight improvement from when I was 12 years old. I continued to practise drawing for another year but soon stopped. I used to watch so many YouTube videos of tutorials on how to draw various things and techniques on how to shade and use colour but I felt like I was not improving much and thought that I could never get better. 

The next 3 years I barely drew anything. I maybe drew 1 thing a YEAR and the odd eye sketch and doodles when I was bored in my class, but that was all. When I was 19, going into my 3rd year at university, I found myself online shopping for art supplies instead of clothes and I realised that I really missed drawing and that feeling of accomplishment you get at the end of a good drawing. 

So, I started to draw again. I started off by drawing the things I remember I was good at, which was skulls and flowers. I started off with pencil drawings and started to practise using colour with coloured pencils.

       By Reham

       By Reham

I also attempted drawing portraits again and drawing things I liked and designing my own posters and a few original drawings as well. Here are a few examples of drawings I did using a mix of coloured pencils and watercolour paint.



One thing that I would like to achieve in the future with my art, is to find my own style. I currently draw whatever interests me and I often get inspired by other artists' work. I almost always use mixed media in my drawings unless I am just sketching. I strongly recommend trying out different medias to find out what you like using the most and what you find to be easiest for yourself 😊.

To see more drawings and artwork by me, check out my Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/_reham227/

So that was a little bit about myself and my art journey. I hope you look forward to my upcoming blogs which will be a mix of step-by-step tutorials on how I draw some of my artwork and tips and tricks which have helped me improve as a beginner which I am positive will help you too. Feel free 
to ask me anything in the comment section down below. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-step drawing of Jimin from BTS !

How to use colored pencils !